The land that is now Bee Tree County Park was previously owned by Southwestern Bell Telephone Company founder, Eugene Nims, who built the mansion in 1929 and used it as a weekend retreat.
The property was purchased by St. Louis County in April 1986 with funds donated by the Open Space Foundation and matching Federal funds. Lindell Gordon and R. Walston Chubb were instrumental in raising the Open Space funds. Bee Tree features a memorial garden and fountain dedicated to Mr. Gordon, and an overlook dedicated to Mr. Chubb.
Park Hours: 8 a.m. to one half hour past official sunset, except when reservations are issued.