A.W. Marion State Park
The rolling woodlands and quiet waters of A.W. Marion State Park offer visitors a welcome escape from the rigors of everyday life. This small (309 acres) but unique park offers a variety of recreational activities while maintaining a quiet atmosphere of natural serenity.
- 28 electric sites
- 28 non-electric sites
There is one flush restroom in the campground, one vault latrine by the marina, and one vault latrine by the reservable shelterhouse. New restrooms are coming soon.
Two group camps of up to 75 people each are available to organized groups by reservation.
145-acre Hargus Lake allows the use of boats with electric motors only. One boat launch ramp provides access to the lake. There are courtesy docks available.
Boat rentals are available seasonally at the marina.
Boaters may swim from their boats in designated "Boat Swim" areas.
Dog Swim Area
A designated area allows off-leash access to the lake for supervised dogs.
Anglers enjoy some of central Ohio’s finest fishing at Hargus Lake. The lake has been stocked with largemouth bass, muskellunge, bluegill, crappie and channel catfish. A number of fishing derbies are held at the park annually. A valid Ohio fishing license is required.
In the fall, the mature woodlands offer excellent squirrel hunting in designated areas in season between October 15 and March 1. A valid Ohio hunting license is required.
Several picnic areas and grill sites are located in scenic areas throughout the park
Two mini-shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis
A large shelterhouse can be reserved online or by calling (866) 644-6727
A marina and campground store offer limited picnic supplies
Fires are permitted only in the grills provided
There is no swimming beach available, but boaters may swim from their boats in designated areas.
Hargus Lake Trail offers a both hiking and multi use trails. All trails are open year-round.
- Hargus Lake Perimeter Loop - 3.9 Miles, Hiking (self guided tour of 14 points of interest)
- Squaroot Trail - .61 Mile, Hiking
- Pine Trail - .9 Mile, Hiking and Multi-use
- Orange Trail - 1.48 Miles, Hiking
- Multi-use Trail - 7.34 Miles, Mountain Biking is permitted on this trail (overlaps sections of some hiking trails)
Under the proper conditions, A.W. Marion offers sledding, ice skating, and ice fishing.
More to Do
- Playground equipment is available in the park and in the campground
- Also available for campers are volleyball and basketball courts and horseshoe pits
- Games and sporting equipment is available at the camp office for use by registered campers
A.W. Marion State Park is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media