Anderson Lake State Park is a remote day-use park of cedar, fir, and alder forest mixed with freshwater marshes.
Surrounded by 476 acres of wooded and wetland, the park slopes down to the 70-acre Anderson Lake and abounds with birds and wildlife.
Prior to becoming a state park, Anderson Lake was owned by William F. Anderson, who used the land around it to graze his cattle. Curiously, the lake was not named for him or anyone in his family. William Anderson purchased the property in 1947 from Amanda Anderson, who, though not a relative, shared his last name. Anderson Lake was named for one of her ancestors.