Keokuk and Gustine Avenue
Plaque: Amberg, Richard H. Memorial Plaque
1 Comfort Station
1 Softball Field
1 Soccer Kick Board
1 Spray Pool
The southern half of the park site was purchased by the city in January of 1962 at a cost of $55,250 from the St. Louis Board of Education, who sold the city the northern half of the contiguous site for $55,250 in August, 1963, following a fire which destroyed the Dunnica School building. Funds for the purchase of the site came from the 1944 and 1955 bond issues.
Amberg Park was designed by Landscape Architect, Robert E. Goetz and Associates in 1966 and construction began during January, 1967.
The park was named in honor of Richard H. Amberg (1912-1967) for his personal distinction and his contributions to the parks and playgrounds of the city. He also served as publisher of the Globe Democrat.
Amberg Park is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media