Purchased from Lane County in 1931. Day-use picnic facilities were originally developed by the Civilian Conservation Corps around 1935. According to local lore, during the prohibition era (1920s), liquor was distilled clandestinely at a nearby location called Burp Holler. In 1961, the name was briefly considered for application to the wayside but the proposal was unsuccessful.
Annual dayuse attendance: 43,370